The UST Faculty of Medicine and Surgery in celebration of its sesquicentennial anniversary in 2021 is pleased to announce the call for nominations to the USTMED150 Awards to recognize and reward the outstanding performance and contributions of our USTFMS alumni in 15 fields of endeavor namely:
- PROFESSIONAL EXCELLENCE
Thomasian medical graduate who has made outstanding contributions in the advancement of healthcare, either nationally or globally thru competence in the field of discipline, commitment to service and dedication to patient care.
- RESEARCH & PUBLICATION
Thomasian medical graduate who engages in researches that enhance knowledge in the medical and related fields. These researches must be widely disseminated in peer-reviewed publications, exhibitions, and/or presentations at local, national, or international professional meetings.
- MEDICAL EDUCATION
Thomasian medical graduate who posseses outstanding instructional competence and ability to lead educational reforms and curricular innovations that promote continuing medical education of students and healthcare advocates.
- GOVERNMENT SERVICE
Thomasian medical graduate who is/was a government official or a career employee who has distinguished himself for his outstanding endeavors that advance public health.
- PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICE AND COMMUNITY SERVICE (NON-GOVERNMENT)
Thomasian medical graduate who renders professional expertise in areas of challenge or crisis through volunteerism or public service.
Thomasian medical graduate who demonstrates outstanding commitment and community partnership that led to the development of a variety of health programs responsive to community and social needs.
- EXEMPLAR CATHOLIC MISSIONARY
Thomasian medical graduate who, inspired by his Catholic faith, has dedicated his time to the Church and its ministries by demonstrating outstanding leadership in the family, the workplace, the community and the Church.
- MILITARY SERVICE
Thomasian medical graduate who has distinguished himself as an outstanding high-ranking military medical officer, entrusted with public health responsibilities and has made exceptional contribution to the betterment of Medicine in the military.
- ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE
Thomasian medical graduate who brought pride and glory to USTFMS by garnering the highest grade in the Physician Licensure Examination and continued on to the path to excellence and greatness in his particular field of endeavor.
Thomasian medical graduate who is/was able to successfully develop, organize and operate a medical or non-medical business or enterprise that exhibits social corporate responsibility.
- CULTURE AND ARTS
Thomasian medical graduate who has developed national/international recognition of outstanding works in the arts (theater, music, literature, sculpture, painting) and is/was able to promote our national heritage, culture and the Thomasian identity and values.
- HEALTH INNOVATOR
Thomasian medical graduate who has successfully transformed breakthrough insights into novel innovations proven to be “game-changing” in its impact on healthcare both nationally and globally.
- BENEFACTOR AWARD
Thomasian medical graduate or a group of graduates or an organization who has contributed a substantial financial amount to sustain or create various programs and advocacies of USTFMS to enhance its recognition and reputation as the premiere medical school in the Philippines.
- OUTSTANDING YOUNG THOMASIAN PHYSICIAN AWARD
Young Thomasian graduate aged 40 years old or younger who is being recognized by his selfless dedication to his particular field of expertise in health care, research, medical education, government and public health service.
- UST MEDICINE LEGACY AWARD
Recognizes an outstanding Thomasian family of several generations who are all graduates of USTFMS and have rendered outstanding service in the field of the academe and professional practice in UST.
- RECOGNITION AWARD
Acknowledges the outstanding and selfless contributions of the past USTFMS deans who served as academic leaders responsible for the successful strategic pursuit and attainment of the USTFMS mission and goals.
GUIDELINES FOR NOMINATION:
- The USTMED150 award is open to any UST Faculty of Medicine and Surgery (USTFMS) medical graduate (living or deceased) who has achieved the requirements for a specific category from 1970 to 2020 at the time of application.
- The nominee must be of good moral character with a certification from the medical society or its component society (ex: PMA, PRC or Specialty Society or equivalent organization if practicing abroad).
- The UST Medical Alumni batch representative shall create a committee to authenticate/validate documents and to finalize the official list of batch nominees for the different award categories.
- Only one nominee per alumni batch per category shall be accepted.
- Official list of nominations and supporting documents can be sent:
- in person to the USTFMS Dean’s Office,
- by mail to UST Faculty of Medicine and Surgery Martin de Porres Building, Sampaloc, Manila, 1008 Metro Manila
- by online submission through the firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline for submission of the USTMED150 nomination forms and supporting documents shall be on March 31, 2021.
To nominate a candidate click here
Or scan the QR code to access the Sway link:
Click here for any questions regarding the nomination process